Hi, I’m Rebecca!
I’m a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, creator of Always Nourished and founder of The PCOS Freedom Formula. I help women with PCOS get their periods back without having to go on the Pill or other meds.
As someone who struggled with irregular periods thanks to PCOS, I know the frustrations that come with never knowing when your next period will be and how brutal it can be when it does show up (and that’s on top of ALL of the other PCOS symptoms we have to deal with too).
When I finally decided to make my health top priority, everything began to shift for me - my period symptoms actually started to improve and I was having predictable monthly cycles too! That’s when I knew I wouldn’t have to go back on the Pill again to manage my PCOS and irregular periods.
Being diagnosed with PCOS was unexpected and devastating for me.
After coming off the Pill and then later hearing my doctor tell me I have PCOS, I really struggled with my periods. I never knew when they were coming and when they finally did decide to show up it was rough.
Let’s be real… I *used* to absolutely hate my period.
It wasn’t until I decided that I was SO done with letting my PCOS control my life and my periods that things started to change for me. I made some serious changes to my food choices and lifestyle and promised myself I’d make my health and periods my number one priority.
And it was so worth it because my periods started to improve and I actually started having predictable monthly cycles (where I ovulated and everything!) naturally without having to go back onto the Pill or other meds. Not only did I get the regular periods I had been dreaming about, the other PCOS symptoms I was dealing with improved too and I finally started feeling like ME again.
Canadian School of Natural Nutrition
2 Year Diploma Program in Natural Nutrition
Designation: Registered Holistic Nutritionist
Honours Degree in Earth Science
I also attended a 2-year graduate studies program in Geological Studies at the University of Manitoba and studied Human Nutritional Sciences at the U of M as well (and have been obsessed with all things food and nutrition since).
Science, learning, teaching and food have been my whole life.
You can read more about my approach to Holistic Nutrition here.
A Little More About Me...
- When studying at the U of M, I launched my food blog as a way to keep myself accountable to the new way of eating I’d discovered (and to share some of the great things I was making in the kitchen). The blog still exists and it’s now where I share my favourite PCOS-friendly recipes and resources.
- I grew up on a fruit farm in the Niagara region of southern Ontario, Canada. I freaking hated almost everything about farm life as a kid but have such an appreciation for the work of my family and all the memories now. I love that my love of good food runs so deep.
- I love cheesy reality TV of all sorts (can we please talk about the latest episode of The Bachelor?), reading a good personal development book, a beautiful meditation and a good cup of coffee.
- I’m a holistic nutritionist, founder, recipe developer and photographer, wife, daughter, sister, aunt and friend but my most favourite role of them all is mama.
- My background is in Geology and Earth Science. That's right - I studied rocks for almost 7 years and had some really cool adventures while doing it! I still love rocks and minerals (and find all things geology fascinating) but had a mega change of heart about geology in grad school when I realized my passion for food and nutrition. I dropped out of my graduate program and made the switch to nutrition and haven’t looked back since.
PCOS FREEDOM GUIDE
WATCH THE MASTERCLASS
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
Resources to Get You Started...
Let's Finally Take Control of Your PCOS and Your Periods...
After an unexpected PCOS diagnosis and what felt like battling my own body for years, I finally took control of my periods and PCOS for good. I focused on the nutrition and lifestyle changes that would help me balance my hormones, fix my insulin resistance and reduce the inflammation in my body. I have learned so much about taking control of my PCOS and my periods and I’ve made it my mission to share what I’ve learned so you don’t have to suffer with PCOS like I did.
Take Control of Your Periods with Good Food and Nutrition
Browse through some of my favourite PCOS-Friendly recipes...